City Stars Kindergarten is a rich and creative environment where children play, learn, grow and thrive.
We are exceeding national standards and are proud to hold the highest results that can be achieved.
Play and creativity are at the heart of our early childhood Kindergarten Program. Children learn best through activities they enjoy. We foster a positive environment and encourage a child’s sense of curiosity and wonder.
Our Educational Program also enhances a child’s learning and development by nurturing their life skills, and is designed to complement child’s experiences, opportunities and relationships at school, home and in the community.
Learning experiences at City Stars Kindergarten are interesting, inviting and challenging. They allow the children to build on existing knowledge and discover new learning, with a particular focus on maximising early literacy and numeracy development.
- Kindergarten is an integral part of the lifelong learning process
- Learning is dependent upon the quality and nature of the relationships within the Kindergarten environment
- Children learn best by being involved in meaningful experiences in a flexible environment
- Children learn when they are intrinsically motivated and have access to quality materials and resources
- Teachers support and encourage learning at all levels
- Collaboration and communication with families supports the learning process.
City Stars operates a 5 day per fortnight program. Families requiring full time care can make an enquiry upon enrolling or utilise Caloundra City Private School’s before school, after school and vacation care programs, which are operated on the school campus.
City Stars Kindergarten is proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government.
Preparing for Prep
Our program is designed to ensure a smooth transition into Prep. City Stars’ students attend school assemblies, weekly library trips, Japanese lessons, and sports activities in our state-of-the-art multipurpose hall – all to help your children feel comfortable and ready to start school. Our pupils also compete in cross-country and athletic events on our school grounds. Our school buddy program sees City Stars students partnered with Year 3 students, who visit on a weekly basis to establish ties that will last throughout the school year, and make their transition to primary school much easier.